I promised you the best hackathon ever a few months back. Only 5 days until the LAUNCH & AngelHack teams deliver on that promise.
Amazing food, massage therapists and HUGE prizes.
I’m thrilled to announce that the Hackathon Grand Prize is now at an unbelievable $75k!
Dharmesh Shah from Hubspot/OnStartups and I kicked this thing off by each putting up $25k as an investment prize (or $10k cash). Now, the worldwide leader in web security, Barracuda Networks [ http://barracudanetworks.com ] has matched our commitment with an additional $25k investment or $10k cash prize! We officially have the largest Hackathon prize ever!
Who wants to make it $100k? ;-) Email: email@example.com.
There’s still time to apply and register for the Hackathon, but we’re filling up fast. Registration closes on Thursday, Feb 28 at 11:59pm PST or when we hit 450 participants. Apply here: http://launchhackathon.com/register.
This is only the start. We have awesome partners offering prizes as well. See the full list below.
Reminder: The LAUNCH Hackathon with AngelHack begins this Saturday, March 2nd at 12pm at the San Francisco Design Center Concourse (635 8th St). Coding ends on Monday, March 4th at 1:00pm. Hackathon finals begins at 6:00pm on Monday (3/4), with the top 12 finalists presenting to the public beginning at 8:00pm. For more info: http://launchhackathon.com.
** All Hackathon Partners & Prizes **
For the most up to date prize info: http://launchhackathon.com/prizes
- $25k investment or $10k cash from Jason Calacanis
- $25k investment or $10k cash from Dharmesh Shah
- $25k investment or $10k cash from Barracuda Networks
- $10k in credits for the Google Cloud Platform
- Lifetime free hosting from MediaTemple [ up to 2gb (dv), (gs), or (ve) ]
- $2.5k in Amazon AWS Credit
- One year’s worth of Dyn Email and/or DNS Services (dependent on actual needs)
- Guaranteed spot on stage at 2014 LAUNCH Festival
- Grand Prize winner receives $2.5k in Amazon AWS Credit
- Next 4 runners-up receive $1k in Amazon AWS Credit
- Top 5 Hackathon finalists will receive a package of free security products (free web filtering, firewalls, etc).
Project must use FilePicker to be eligible to win:
- iPad Mini
Project must utilize Firebase to be eligible to win:
- Grand prize winner receives lifetime free hosting - up to 2gb (dv), (gs), or (ve)
- Next 4 runners up receive 1 year free hosting - up to 2gb (dv), (gs), or (ve)
- All participants receive 1GB (dv), (ve), or (gs) for 1 month
Best use of Windows 8:
- 1st Place - $3k
- 2nd Place - $2k
- 3rd Place - $1k
Project must utilize the NewAer Proximity Platform to be eligible to win:
- $2k in Apple gift cards. ($500 each for a team of 4)
Project must utilize the Plantronics Spokes SDK to be eligible to win:
- Opportunity to demo at the Plantronics Demo Pit table for the LAUNCH Festival
- Voyager Legend UC headsets for all winning team members.
- Samsung Galaxy Notes or up to $1k (4 team members maximum, 1 device or $250 per team member)
Project must utilize Tokbox to be eligible to win:
- Three Ostrich pillows
- $300 giftcard to Amazon
Project must utilize Yammer Platform to be eligible to win:
- 4 Jamboxes