SUPPORTING FOUNDERS AND INSPIRING INNOVATION
Program Director, LAUNCH Incubator
LAUNCH is looking for a driven and resourceful leader to develop content, curriculum and events for founders in the LAUNCH Incubator, as well as for our alumni and potential investments.
The ideal candidate is resourceful and a great communicator, who can listen to our founders, determine what speakers, skills and content would be most helpful to them in building their businesses, and quickly build content for them.
- Develop content for the LAUNCH Incubator, LAUNCH Festival, LAUNCH SCALE, Angel Summit and This Week in Startups that helps founders grow.
- Manage mentors & speakers for 18 sessions of the LAUNCH Incubator. (Each session has five mentors, so this would be 90 mentors per year.)
- Understand Lean Startup methodology to optimize your efforts.
- Build and maintain relationships with our network of influencers.
- Identify key topics, events, and issues for influencers to offer input on.
- Communicate actively with our team & alumni, including reporting directly to our CEO/founder.
- Help in selecting our incubator startups.
- Five years working in and around startups.
- Proven track record of building quality products, content and/or events.
- An extensive network of startup people and a deep grasp of the 'who's who' in areas like growth, sales/bd, saas, hr/ops, engineering, design, etc.
- Intelligence & the ability to quickly build efficient, repeatable processes for scaling our organization.
- Technical skills, with the ability to quickly add new ones.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills.
- Hustle. You need to be able to track down busy, influential people and get them to come to our events. This requires creative communication, research, persistence, and hustle.
- Persistence. We mentioned this above, but it bears reiteration. You might need to email someone six times before you catch their attention. We need someone willing to push hard.
- Communication. This position requires exceptional writing ability for private (email, mailing lists) and public (social media, blog posts) communications.
- Curiosity. To excel in this role, you need to be able to build a deep understanding of each of the verticals we publish in. That means knowing the events, companies, products, and most importantly, people, in each of these verticals and having your finger on the pulse of any changes or developments.
- Time-management & Organization. We have thousands of founders apply for our incubator, and tens of thousands come to our events. We have to manage a deluge of interest that results in a finite amount of deep engagement. This requires organization and time management skills.
This is a full-time position, splitting time between Burlingame and San Francisco.
Compensation: $80-100k/year, plus equity