SUPPORTING FOUNDERS AND INSPIRING INNOVATION
DIRECTOR OF PARTNERSHIPS
We are on a mission here at LAUNCH to support founders and inspire innovation -- care to join us?
Our small team of rebels put on the largest startup conference in the world, the LAUNCH festival, the podcast This Week In Startups and we run the LAUNCH Incubator.
We invest millions of dollars into 40 promising founders a year, some of which go on to change the world. Most of these founders spend 12 weeks in our very intense -- but fabulously fun -- incubator.
Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative. Easy to deal with. Gets things done. High personal productivity; you are a doer first who buys into our mission to "support founders and inspire innovation."
We are looking for?
A proven sales executive who can consistently grow their pipeline, and exceed plan on a quarterly basis. Commissions are uncapped, the more you sell the more you earn, it is that simple.
- Intrinsically motivated with a high sense of urgency to drive results through achievement of sales targets
- Great connections to CMOs, CEOs, COOs and PR executives at great startups, and established tech companies as well as other Fortune 500 companies
- Create and deliver great partnership and sponsorship programs
- Advanced communication skills - i.e. quick to respond, distribute and follow up on high priority revenue opportunities as well as the ability to communicate with C-level executives.
- Creative - must be able to develop event marketing opportunities that are compelling for all of the different market segments of our sponsorship base
- Must be an operational minded sales person - willing to walk the conference floor to meet and greet existing and potential sponsors.
- You embrace a solution-oriented approach to selling, ensuring your customers receive value from the products they buy from you.
- Ability to close sales
- The ability to listen first and add value in every conversation.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects/deals at the same time.
- Research and identify new sponsors
- Expert networking capabilities
- Passionate about conferences and events
- Experience using Salesforce preferred
- Identify and maintain robust database of potential sponsors
Continuously conduct email, phone and event based outreach campaigns to recruit new partners.
- Execute against all phases of your pipeline, progressing deals through the sales cycle towards closing business.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations - in person and over the phone
- Accurately track sales activity in sales database
- Sell sponsorship packages to C-Level executives as well as marketing managers
- Respond to inbound sponsorship inquiries
- Create custom sponsorship contracts
- Obtain signed sponsorship contracts
- Interface with operations team to ensure all sponsorship requirements are accurately met
- Develop new and compelling conference sponsorship packages
Support on-site execution of sponsorships at conferences
Think you have the enthusiasm, know-how, efficiency and grit for this position?